Headlights are the front lights intended to illustrate the path of the driver. These lights are used in the dark and at night to find a way, keep an eye on the road, avoid accidents, and provide a stress-free ride to the driver.
There are tons of different headlights available based on the vehicle models, size, and light type. Alibaba brings a massive range of efficient and high-quality headlights for every vehicle. You can check the website for innovative and top-notch headlight collections.
However, to choose the right headlight, it’s essential to know different headlights, as every type has its pros and cons.
Below are the four most commonly used headlights you can choose for your vehicle!
Halogen is the most common type of headlight. Halogen gas is used in these lights to get output. These lights are very bright and energy efficient. These lights are yellow and do not last longer than many other lights.
- Halogen headlights are cheap
- These lights are easy to replace
- These lights are energy efficient
- Halogen lights are not brighter than other lights
- These lights emit a lot of heat
- These lights usually have much less life span than LED lights
LED lights are the most efficient type of vehicle headlights. In these lights, semiconductors are used to produce light. LED lights are among the most energy-efficient lights making soft white light. Other than white, these lights are also available in many colorful lights with which you can decorate your vehicle.
A significant and typical example of LED lights is the lexus is250 headlight specified for Lexus vehicles.
- LED lights are ~40% more energy efficient than halogen
- These lights have 20 times more life span than Halogen lights
- LED headlights are durable, small, and lightweight
- LED lights can be dimmed and have a high contrast ratio
- LED lights are more expensive than others
- LED lights release a large amount of blue light that causes sleepiness and blurry vision
Bi-Xenon lights are headlights that use a projector lens to provide a more focused beam of light. These lights are usually installed in luxury vehicles. These lights are more efficient than halogen lights but not as good as LED.
- Bi-Xenon headlights have better visibility at night
- These lights produce fewer glares
- Bright and energy efficient than halogen lights
- Expensive to replace and maintain
- Not as long-lasting as LED lights
These lights use xenon gas and metal halide salts for the light production mechanism. These are the latest lights used in vehicles. These lights are brighter than standard lights and have 10 times more life than traditional halogen lights.
- These lights are available in different colors
- These lights are brighter and more energy efficient than halogen lights
- These lights are expensive
- These lights take some time to warm up
Hopefully, after reading the article, you can better decide which headlights are the best for your vehicles. LED lights are highly recommended among all other options as they have the most extended lifespan, so their expensiveness is worth their life and durability. However, HID and Xenon lights might be a better option if you want something advanced and luxurious.